At Quickwire ltd we take the privacy of the users of our website seriously. We will use and store your information in accordance with the applicable legislation, including The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.quickwire.co.uk.
Our address is:
6 Tavistock Industrial Estate
Ruscombe Business Park
Berks RG10 9NJ
Our registered address is:
Registered in England no. 09093041
Registered Address: C/O Flex Connectors Ltd
Ruscombe Business Park
Berks RG10 9LR
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect the information provided by you when you fill in a form requesting literature, ask us a question, request a sample, place an order, or join our mailing list.
We may collect additional information in connection with your participation in any promotions or competitions we run.
We monitor traffic on our website to get an idea of the number of visitors to our site, and the information most often accessed.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Our online store
What information we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 10 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you
We accept payments through Stripe. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Stripe, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
What data is collected
Information shared with a payment provider to process payments includes:
- Unique payment identifier
- Payment provider identifier
How payment providers use data
To better understand how a provider uses and stores the data shared with them, check their privacy policies directly:
- 2checkout: https://www.2checkout.com/policies/privacy-policy
- Amazon Pay: https://pay.amazon.com/us/help/201491260
- Authorize.Net: https://www.authorize.net/company/privacy/
- eWay: https://www.eway.com.au/legal
- First Data: https://www.firstdata.com/en_us/privacy.html
- GoCardless: https://gocardless.com/en-eu/legal/privacy/
- Klarna: https://cdn.klarna.com/1.0/shared/content/legal/terms/0/en_us/privacy
- PayFast: https://www.payfast.co.za/privacy-policy/
- PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-prev
- SnapScan: http://www.snapscan.co.za/downloads/SnapScanAppCustomerTermsConditions(v2).pdf
- Square: https://squareup.com/legal/privacy
- Stripe: https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How do we use the data we collect?
We use personal information collected from you for the following purposes:
to provide a more personalised service;
to deliver our products and services;
to contact you regarding the products or services that you have requested;
to carry out auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and enhance the services we provide;
If you have not opted out, we will also use your information to let you know about other products and services which we offer which may be of interest to you. If you change your mind at a later date and wish to stop receiving this information, please email [email protected] including the word ‘Unsubscribe’ in the subject line
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Changes to our policy